The Diamond Gard® No-Hassle Warranty Policy.
Here’s How It Works.
- Subject to the following conditions, Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America Inc. (MEAA) affirms that any Heavy Duty (HD) starter or HD alternator (Product) sold under the Mitsubishi Electric® Heavy Duty “ALL MAKES” program is covered by the Diamond Gard® Warranty.
- Products covered by the Diamond Gard® Warranty are warranted to the original retail purchaser (Customer) for all mechanical failures and from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and proper maintenance for 3 years from the date of installation (the Start Date of the warranty). There is no mileage limitation with this Warranty.
- Mitsubishi Electric® Heavy Duty part numbers included under this warranty are listed at: diamond-gard.com.
- Mitsubishi Electric® Heavy Duty has the sole determination as to the warrantability of the Product
- Claims must be filed online as described below in “Filing a Claim.” Claims may be filed online by either the customer, or by a dealer or distributor on behalf of the Customer
MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC® HEAVY DUTY’S OBLIGATION UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- Warranty claims must be submitted within 30 days of failure
- The non-functioning product must be replaced with a newly purchased Mitsubishi Electric® Heavy Duty product
- The Product and the required documentation must be returned to Mitsubishi Electric Heavy Duty, at MEHD expense, for examination and analysis by MEHD. A UPS shipping label will be created as the claim is filed online
- The failed product must be packaged sufficiently to ensure no damage during transit – preferably using the MEHD packaging received with the replacement product
- MEHD’s examination must disclose to its satisfaction that the failure was not due to one of the Warranty Exclusions listed below:
- No Trouble Found (NTF) Product as determined by MEHD
- NTF Products will be returned at customer request, if requested when the claim is filed. The customers must provide their UPS or FedEx account number when filing the claim
- The balance of the original warranty will be honored and applied to the returned NTF product
- The Product failed due to any of the following:
- Physical abuse (handling or intentional damage, etc.)
- Improper installation (over/under torque or installed in a non-approved application)
- Damage caused by an engine manufacturer defect
- The product was altered/modified in any way
This Diamond Gard® Limited Warranty Policy for Diesel Products does not apply to Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America, Inc. products supplied to heavy and medium duty truck manufacturers for installation as original equipment or service replacement parts. In those cases, the vehicle or equipment manufacturer’s warranty governs exclusively.
This Limited Warranty is exclusive and no other warranty, whether written or oral, is expressed or implied. MEHD specifically disclaims any implied warranty or merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, which shall not be applicable under any circumstances.
This Limited Warranty shall constitute the sole and exclusive remedy for all product purchasers and users. Under no circumstances shall MEHD be liable for damages, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential by reason of any defective products, breach of this Limited Warranty, breach of contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
This Limited Warranty shall be subject to and construed solely in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the State of Michigan, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. The parties specifically negate and disclaim the applicability of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods to this limited warranty or any transaction or dispute arising hereunder.
Some states may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special, or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. To the extent any provision of this Limited Warranty violates the law of any applicable jurisdiction, such provisions shall be inapplicable in such jurisdictions to the extent of such prohibition, and the remainder of this Limited Warranty shall not be affected thereby.